Tuesday, June 22

Yummy, yummy metal grrrls

Rightyo, my very first, official update. Not counting yesterdays test of course. As promised it’s about the Wald Rock festival I visited last Saturday. We had to leave at 10 o’ clock for a strange reason, the doors only opened at noon and it is an hour drive. But we brought Hoef' who didn't want to miss a thing... Anyway, the festival started for me on Friday night when I had to pre-drink and discuss which band I definitely not wanted to miss. This was of course Hatebreed, Testament and Monster Magnet.

Back to Saturday... with a hangover I dragged myself to our rendez-vous and I met the gang. Hoef., Kiend, Bacari-coke, Jimmy and Deb. (Maybe it’s fun to tell Kiend is the Dutch synonym for Chyld, in other words, my gang has it’s very own Chyld too).

At eleven we arrived at the festival terrain and decided to go for our first beer. The weather didn't decide to cooperate if we had to believe the weather forecasters, but so far it was all merry and joy. Then we went to the waiting lines and the sun really showed her face. As we were going to a metal festival everyone was dressed up in black and the sun burned us alive. Luckily a German Girl sold ½ liter cans of beer...

Finally we made it on to the terrain and after I was searched by a cute girl for weapons (I suppose) I could enter. And immediately someone wanted my opinion on the festival so far. "The beer is good..." was the only thing I could answer "and the girl at the door was cute." and not wanted to be a complete ass "and so are you." We're on the way for 2 hours and things were look ok.

Okay, okay, okay! Time to buy festival coins for beer! 50 Euros multiplied by 6 = 300 Euros for beer! Good!

The thing I like about festivals are the cute girls. I always like cute girls, but when I see one in a club most of the time she likes DJ Tiësto, Britney or the Back Street Boys, in other words, she hates music. But when I visit a festival I know they have a good taste. I wasn't in for 15 minutes or Arie and I had talked to several different girls and already were involved in several arguments with over-protecting boyfriends. Things almost went out of control when my Big Mouth decided to insult a type of humanoid that somehow didn't complete the evolution. It was time to move along and get some beers.

First disappointment: Testament was canceled. Argh! But a few new beers solved this and all was merry and joy again. Up to the first band: Transport League. Never heard of it, but they were ok. And afterwards they were the second best band of the day. The weather was so different compared to the doom seekers of the Weather Channel, it was the perfect weather!

Some more bands annoyed me, and I asked myself why did I came along again. But then I heard the speaker announcing Monster Magnet made their appearance. 70 minutes of mosh pit later and I realized this was the reason why I came.

The headliner Cradle of Filth sucked big time, but I already had a good day. It seemed like God hated the annoying singer too and decided to flood the festival with an enormous cloud fracture and so the day ended. I realized I hadn't eaten all day so off to the pub I went with Arie, where the rest of the crew decided to be smart and go to bed.

After a few more beers and a lousy meal it was time to go to bed and dream of the cute metal girls...

Conclusion go to festivals!

ps Half way the festival there was the football match Czech Republic – Holland and of course I don't need to mention the result, but I do need to mention the crappy coward manager of the Holland Team who decided to become the moron of the tournament. If there is something like the burning fires of hell I know a new customer...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?