Friday, July 30

Intermission

I've been quite lazy, recently.

One of the cornerstones of this blog was to update it daily with pithy humerous observations. I've done a week-long hiatus without telling anyone. Not good, considering that there's going to be a fortnight when I'm in France when I can't update. Unless I can find the Internet somewhere in Frogland, but I think it would be unnessersarily expensive...

But apart from that, hows my life been recently, you may ask. In which case, your a demented fool. But aside from that,  lets have a look at that's new since I last updated.

1.) Dumped By TinyOne

Yeah, that kind of sucks.

It's got to be a first, being dumped by e-mail, of all things. Now I can say "I've been dumped by text, by phone, by e-mail, and to my face occasionly." But her reasons were good enough - she was losing friends over it.

This feeds back to ranting I may or may not have actually done in the past. I only remember two people actually telling me we made a nice couple. One was a Dutchman who I happened to be drinking with a fortnight ago. The other was a publically much despised ex-girlfriend, who I haven't spoken to properly in a while. No one else said it. And only one person actually helped smooth the passage of the relationship at all.

All I gathered was people violently opposing what we wanted to do. Certain duck-named ex boyfriends spouting death-threats behind my back (I'm not bitter, just observing, so shut up), good friends of hers being jealous (she can say all she like, I know), and various minor assaults from other exs, associates, etc.

On the positive side, I get to lay anyone I like at Reading, without feelings of guilt.

2.) New Band

Whee! New reasons to get behind a drum kit!

I met up with our resident munitions expert Johnny Napalm the other day, and naturally got very drunk. At some point, I agreed to drum for the band he was in with his cousin.

After a trip to Camden, and Harrow (to buy a bass, as you do on a whim), we gathered in my garage, and started playing some Ramones songs. We later moved onto Green Day, and eventually got to work writing our own ska tunes.

This is hampered somewhat by the drummer/rehearsal space provider vacating the country for a fortnight, then running off to Reading. But I'm listening to the Ramones Greatest Hits album while we're away, and then we'll crack on with it. Now we need a name...

3.) Design A Bong Contest

I've had the offer open for well over a week now, and I only got an entry today. You lazy slackers! You're supposed to let me be the lazy slacker, by designing an artifact for smoking green, then sending it in so that I can laugh! There'll be a pointless and trivial prize for the winner! I'll try and make it! And photograph the endeover! Will that do?

Oh, I might throw in a T-shirt if I order one myself. Content?

Good.

4.) France Trip

Yeah, so Mama Jennings decided to randomly book a week in France on eBay. As you do. This was extended by a week, by us travelling half of France, it seems.

This means that I can't update, and I can't get Big Brother to do it either. Great whoopdees.  Talk to SuperMarct about it, he might be able to help.

On the other hand, it means that I'll have some new material when I get back. Including...

5.) The Long-Awaited Henry Skull Comix

I've been promising Henry Skull Comics for ages, and not actually delivered. But this will change soon.

My biggest issue was hosting - how? I considered Keenspace, but dropped that idea when it became a technical nightmare. After this, I was stumped.

Recently, an idea came to me - create another blog (Blogger allows you unlimited accounts under your user name), whack the comics themselves onto ImageShack, and do it thatway. Now I just need to get my trail of inspiration back...

So, that's about it in my world. On Monday, I'll run up the update Cyzyk sent me about five times, before it finally got through. Then I'll whack up something on Tuesday, and maybe even Wednesday, and then you've got a fortnight to design a bong. Get to work, minions!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?